Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

Uh huh...You heard it.
I really don't like pumpkin anything. Last year a woman brought these to a cub scout activity. I was pregnant and couldn't stop eating them. I told Derek I would bring some home, and I ate all four of them on the way home as well. Over a year later I was craving them, and finally got around to making them for the first time. I have to give them away to friends and neighbors, so I don't eat them all myself. So, beware if you make them that you won't want to stop eating them, and everyone will want the recipe.
 
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cookies
 
1/2c. butter softened
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 c. canned pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
 
Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, pumpkin,vanilla, and cream all together for 10 min on med-high.
 
2 1/2c. flour
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1/2tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
 
Sift all ingredients together, then add to creamed mixture, and mix.
Add 12 oz. pkg of milk chocolate chips.
 
Scoop onto cookie sheets covered with parchment, or wax paper.
Cook on 350* for 10-12 min. Remove from oven and let them sit on the cookie sheet till cool. Try not to overcook. Bottoms should be barley cooked and tops should be firm, but soft inside. Fluffy, puffy, yummy. They are good by themselves, but everything is better with frosting.  

 
Cream Cheese Frosting:
 
1/2 c. butter, softened
8 ox. cream cheese, softened
3 c. powder sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
 
Cream all ingredients together, slowly adding in the sugar a cup at a time.
Then frost cooled cookies, and don't get fat!
Yum-a-freakin-oh!
Warning: Bringing these to Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Half the frosting recipe unless you want enough for 4 batches.
    I have already made 2 batches and still have enough frosting for 2 more.

    ReplyDelete